Bowtie 1.4 Release Notes
Bowtie 1.4 is an official, non-beta release of Bowtie. It offers full compatibility with OS X 10.6 and 10.7 (important: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard is no longer supported). New features include support for Spotify, and bug fixes for OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Fixes the inability to move the Bowlet when stuck to the desktop on Lion
- Fixes the display of artwork with iTunes on Lion
- From beta: adds support for beta versions of Spotify
Features Added in 1.4
- Adds support for the Spotify music service as a source
- Bowtie now automatically fetches missing artwork from Last.fm
- Adds support for
Player.name()to get the name of the current music player, and
BTMinimumVersionto restrict themes to newer Bowtie builds; for more information, see the list of API changes since 1.3
- Implements version 2.0 of the Last.fm Scrobbling protocol for more reliable scrobbles
- Miscellaneous other improvements
Features Dropped in 1.4
- This version of Bowtie drops support for Mac OS X 10.5. If you use Leopard, do not upgrade to this version of Bowtie.
- This version of Bowtie drops support for the iPhone app. If you rely on this app, do not upgrade to this version of Bowtie.
Caveats and Known Issues
- Bowtie is no longer available in the Mac App Store. This build reintroduces the built-in software updates via Sparkle.